Thursday, June 23, 2011

Monty Python pt 1

Clerk: You are Alexander Yalt?
Alexander Yalt: [in a Derek Nimmo voice] Oh I am.
Clerk: Skip the impersonations.
Alexander Yalt: I am.
Clerk: Mr Yalt you are charged that on the second day of January 1970 you wilfully, deliberately and with malice aforethought published an English-Hungarian Phrasebook with intent to cause a breach of the peace. How do you plead?
Alexander Yalt: Not guilty.
Clerk: You live at 46 Horton Terrace?
Alexander Yalt: I do live at 46 Horton Terrace.
Clerk: You are the president of a publishing company?
Alexander Yalt: I am the president of a publishing company.
Clerk: Your company publishes phrasebooks?
Alexander Yalt: My company does publish phrasebooks.
Clerk: You did say 46 Horton Terrace?
Alexander Yalt: Yes
Clerk: [bangs gong à la Michael Miles] Aha! Got him!

No comments:

Post a Comment